0 grains, still all the goodness.
Today we’re cooking pesto spaghettini, a grain-free pasta alternative that tastes just as good as noodle pasta. It’s topped with an over easy egg that adds protein and flavor to the zucchini noodles.
This dish is low in carbs and fats, making it a nutritious breakfast meal, lunch, or snack. Meal prep a few of these ahead of time so you always have a serving at the ready if you get hungry!
Satisfy those pasta cravings with this low-carb zucchini dish!
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of pesto balsamic dressing
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley, minced
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove all of the green skin from the zucchini. Cut in half, widthwise, and run through a spiral slicer to create long, thin noodles.
- Place a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add in the olive oil and zucchini noodles, then stir gently until warmed. Add the dressing and continue to gently cook on medium-low until fully warmed and tender. Don’t cook for too long, or the noodles will begin to mush! Place the noodles on two serving plates.
- Lightly spray the pan with a little more olive oil. Crack the eggs into ramekins and carefully transfer them into the heated skillet. Cook, without disturbing, until the whites are fully set and the yolk is tender. Place on top of one serving of noodles, then repeat with the second egg. Garnish with minced parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Want more nutritional advice? Visit your local Fit Body Boot Camp—your first three workouts are on us!